Read a little. Watch a little. Learn a lot.
It's important to be in command of your personal finances. But no one is born an expert on all types of money matters. The good news is there are plenty of online articles, videos, and other information you can explore quickly to help you reach your specific goals.
United Bank is happy to offer access to these free resources:
- Financial Focus - We've built a series of bite-sized online courses especially for you. From building a budget to managing credit cards, we can help expand your financial knowledge in five minutes flat.
- Life Lines Mobile - Lifelines Counseling Services is a non-profit human services agency offering a wide variety of programs in Southwest Alabama, including professional counseling, crisis intervention, and education and prevention services.
- My Money Program - The My Money Program, created by the Florida Department of Financial Services, is a resource clearinghouse for people with developmental disabilities, their family members and caregivers.
- America Saves - The Consumer Federation of America program, motivates, encourages and supports low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt and build wealth. Users can sign up for text and email reminders, view resources, and obtain helpful tips for their financial journey.
- Alabama Bankers Association - The same organization that represents the legislative interests of United Bank and other financial institutions also offers live seminars and webinars.
- Alabama Banking Education - The State Banking Department provides helpful financial education section that offers articles and fact sheets on mortgages, auto loans, credit cards and other consumer topics.
- National Endowment for Financial Education - The NEFE champions effective financial education through leadership, research, and collaboration resources to advance financial well-being.
For more information and to inquire about a free financial education talk for your organization, call 800-423-7026.
United Bank is a full-service financial institution with branches in Alabama and Florida.