Hurricane-Preparedness Financial Checklist
Each summer as we prepare for the possibility of a hurricane, we get our homes ready with the necessary supplies such as flashlights, batteries, water, etc. This year, take a moment to be sure you are financially prepared to weather the storm.
You should keep copies of the following documents in a plastic zip-top bag to be taken with you in the event of hurricane evacuation:
- Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificate
- Homeowners Insurance Policy
- Automobile Insurance Policy
- Financial Statements (Bank, Credit Card, Brokerage, etc.)
- Wills and Other Contracts
- Tax Returns
- User ID's and Passwords
- Envelope for Receipts for Reimbursement Purposes
- Be Sure You Have Your Check Book, Credit & Debit Cards and Some Cash With You in the Event of an Evacuation
Having this information easily accessible and protected will help in the event of storm damage or loss. Make copies and take one set with you. Keep another set in your safe deposit box.
In addition to your important documents, here are a few other tips that will help you in the event of a hurricane:
- Communication Plan - Have a plan, and let family and friends know where you will go in the event of an evacuation and how to get in contact with you.
- Download Our Mobile App1 - This will let you have access to your finances. With UB Mobile, you can check your account balances, freeze your debit card if it is lost or stolen, deposit checks and more.
- Sign Up for E-Statements - This allows you to continue to receive bank statements whether you are at home or away.
- Safe Deposit Box or Personal Storage Compartment2 - Use a traditional safe deposit box or PIN# accessible personal storage compartment as safe storage for important documents.
For a Printable PDF of our Hurricane Preparedness Flyer, please click here.
1. Some fees may apply
2. The contents of Personal Storage Compartments and Safe Deposit Boxes are not insured by this financial institution for loss or damage.
Return to top